Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pretty darn funny

On the way to my friend Deena's house Brady asked for a piece of juicy fruit gum, which he was given. Deena and I were prepping for our big yard sale today (a whole other blog on that later!!) so the kids went inside. A few minutes later Brady came out screaming his head off due to his irrational fear of dogs, in particular yellow labs who want nothing more than to lick him and allow him to scratch their butt.

Anyways, after the evening was over we stopped for the kids to get a milkshake and I noted that Brady's gum was gone. I asked him what happened to it and he said "the dog ate it" like it was his homework or something. I figured he was full of shit. So I prodded some more and asked his sister who was allegedly a witness to the whole event. Yep, sure enough.

Here's what they said: Brady was crying so hard that his gum fell out and before Brady could pick it up the dog ate it. Kaylee says, "Harley is a doggie garbage can."

I sent a text to Deena thinking that maybe this wasn't such a good thing, and all she said was LOL, you have to be careful with that dog, if you put anything in front of him that resembles food, he'll eat it.

I was so thankful that she thought it was funny because I almost peed my pants when the kids told me! Now to figure out how to get rid of Brady's fear of dogs....

2 comments:

MTMC said...

Oh crap, now I'm in the blog? Oh well! :-)

Hey, I think I found the gum. Harley may have put it in his mouth and then decided he didn't care for it. It was on the floor in the back by the shoes. TOO funny! :-)

Maude said...

Ewww! Gross!!! Well better than finding it in the yard all rolled up in his poop!