Monday, October 20, 2008

Conversations with my family

Exerpts from actual conversations with members of my family, some details are summarized:

One sided conversation with 4 - going - on - 14 year - old Kaylee last week:

Kaylee:
"Mom? Carter was like in trouble at school today. He like hit me with a ball in the head. Then he like totally got hit and had to sit in time out. His head was really red and I was so like how did that happen?"

Me:
Jawdropped, no sound coming out. Wonder where she learned to talk like that? Oh duh, she's like my daughter. I am so sure!!

Conversation with my husband Friday morning:

Mark:
"Does this shirt look okay with these pants?"

Me:
"Yes, looks fine."

Mark:
"Are you sure the pants aren't too blue to go with the black?"

Me:
"Yes you look fine."

Mark:
"Um, do these pants make my hips look big?"

Me:
Speechless. I think I married a girl.....

Conversation with my 2-year old son in the car yesterday:

Me:
"Brady, do you want a hamburger or cheeseburger?"

Brady:
"Hamburger!"

Me:
"Pickles or no pickles?"

Brady:
"No pickles!"

a few minutes later after I hand him the burger...

Brady:
"I don't want this one."

Me:
"Why?"

Brady:
"I want cheese and pickles."

Me:
"You said you didn't want pickles & cheese."

Brady (repeated at least 15 times):
"I don't WANT this one. I want different one."

So I asked him if he wanted my yogurt, and he said yes. Here's the next part:

Brady:
"I don't want this."

Me:
"Okay, give it to Mommy."

Brady:
"I want this."
(repeat this conversation about 5 times)

Brady:
(after eating three bites) "I don't want this yogurt. I want french fries."

Little stinker.

No comments: