Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So ya'll think I'm a whiner????

Today I arrived at the office to find an ice skating rink where my parking lot used to be. Thinking that would be my biggest challenge of the day, I walked through the front door thinking of who I would need to call to get it sanded.

Much to my chagrin, the parking lot turned out to be the LEAST of my worries. I was greeted with the sound of Niagra Falls cascading from my ceiling and a swimming pool where my front office used to be.

Quickly I upended a giant garbage can to collect the run off, and set to work disconnecting all electrical equipment and moving computers to dryer land. Thankfully though I was wearing my rubber Sorels.

To those of you who say I am a whiner I thumb my nose at you. Describing winter in north Idaho as hell is like describing former President Clinton as a flirt. Not only did I spend last Sunday shoveling 4 feet of snow off the camper trailer, our shed and the playset out back, but now I need to wear a bathing suit to work in January.

By the way, if I have convinced you, you can always change your vote on the where should Amy & the family move poll...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaaaaaaaahahaha......Oh..My...I'm still laughing at your post (and how I found it, I have no idea!?!?). My office is/was in Kootenai and it flooded last year and today...was the same. Gladly, I now work from home :O) President Clinton a flirt?!?! OMG! I am now going to use that for everything!! Not a swim suit silly, a WET SUIT! I voted that you should still live here! YOU and your family are safe and can breathe clean/fresh air!! Be strong...spring will be here soon :O) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Anonymous! Glad you can relate to my plight and you are right, a wetsuit is in order!!! I may be working at home too since we can't really work in the office right now!!!

la maestra said...

Your analogy is spot on lady! Love this post!

Sunlover Mom said...

I believe the correct way to say that is "...all ya'll..." Other than that, it's hilarious. I wonder where you got that keen sense of humor!

Islandgirl said...

I know exactly where you get the sense of humor. Is it as well disguised as your mother's? She always fools me with her prim and proper appearance then WHAM! You tell a great story. Keep it up. I am so happy I've been turned on to this blog. As far as where you should move, I vote for Molokai Hawaii. The air is clean there too, and there is virtually no crime. Besides I have a condo for rent there that has become a big hole in the ocean where we throw large sums of money. Wanna vacation in the winter? At least there if it rains it is till warm.