Monday, March 9, 2009

I fell in love yesterday...

I fell in love yesterday at the top of a mountain. And Mark wasn't even there! Yes, its true, I went onto a mountain in the winter OUTSIDE and actually enjoyed myself. I convinced two friends to take me skiing up at Schweitzer Mountain Resort and had the time of my life.

What a gorgeous day it was, sunny & warm at the top with a pile of fresh snow. Nicely groomed trails, a few choice black diamond runs to really challenge my ability and two friends to ski with. The only thing missing? Mark!

It was really breathtaking seeing the lake through the clouds, feeling the sun on my face and racing down the slopes on my new skis. And even though I fired him, thank God for my personal trainer, because without him I would surely have been brought down the mountain via ski patrol.

I do have a new love, Schweitzer and I can't wait until we meet again.

No comments: