Monday, April 20, 2009

Time for a change

Why is change such a hard thing for people to accept? And why can't we as humans, easily separate our own personal desires from what is needed when it comes to change?

Me, I embrace change. Without change, I get bored. Sort of explains my resume I guess. But what I cannot handle are people who can't see the greater good beyond their own selfish perceptions of what is important.

I wish there was a manual for those of us on both sides of an issue to take a broader look at change and see it from the other person's perspective as well as what is best for the greater good.

I guess that is my learning for the day. The greater good. I suppose I need to take my own medicine and step outside of my selfish desire to be an at-home mom and realize that if not for being a working mother, we honestly wouldn't be able to live in this community.

Hopefully in this I can be an example to others who need to take a look at the bigger picture and understand that change, while difficult to accept and comprehend, can sometimes be the best thing that could happen.

Change is a roller coaster ride, you just have to know the risks but get in hold on tight anyways and see where it leads. You might end up feeling exhilarated and renewed for having taken the chance.

No comments: