Monday, May 18, 2009

Mother of the Year Alert

Many people who don't know me have no idea that I am a closet thrill seeker. Having children has tempered my adventurous nature (no more bungee jumping or extreme sailing) but I do love nearly peeing myself on the rides at Silverwood Theme Park.

Yesterday we hit the park for a fun family day of baking in the sun and riding the rides. Kaylee is just tall enough to go on every single ride in the park (with a parent). She waited all winter long to be big enough to go on the Corkscrew Roller Coaster. Our first ride of the season: http://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/corkscrew.php CORKSCREW! YEAH!

She is such an amazing little thing. She looks nothing like me: Big blue eyes, blonde curly hair, her dad's feet. Looking at her from head to toe you would never guess that she inherited any of my genetic material. However, strap that kid into a ride that makes most grown men cry and you will see her mother in her eyes.

Our final ride of the day is called panic plunge: http://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/panicplunge.php Top speed on this ride is 47 MPH. Kaylee wanted so badly to take it for a ride so we waited patiently in line for the thrill of her lifetime. I think her eyeballs popped out of her head on the way down. That kid didn't make a sound on the way down but sure enough, as soon as we got off she asked if she could go again. I couldn't have been more proud!

No comments: