Friday, August 7, 2009

Lesson in Genetics

I'm not really sure when I officially became my mother, but last night I realized the following:
1. I heard myself say "the answer is no. no matter how many times you ask, or how you ask, the answer will still be no!"
2. The kids were trying to avoid their bedtime and I threatened bodily harm
3. I explained to the kids that the sound of thunder was just the angels bowling
4. I bribed them with dessert so they would eat their freaking vegetables
5. I actually said "Stop jumping on the couch! It's all fun and games until someone breaks an arm!"
6. When Brady gave me some attitude I simply explained, "that is no way to talk to your mother" as if a three year old is remotely capable of grasping the concept of guilt
7. I yelled things like "don't forget to flush the toilet!" and "wash your hands!" and "tur out the lights, for pete's sake you're wasting energy!"
8. AND I have a purse full of coupons, and I'm not afraid to use them!

2 comments:

Sassy Texas Redhead said...

Haven't you heard the saying "mirror mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all!" ??
The older I get, the truer that becomes!

Krystal Olson McKinley said...

I realized it when I started counting aloud. . . "1. . . 2 . . ." oh, and if get to 3, somebody is going to be in HUGE trouble!!!