Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Another Mother of the Year Moment

Today is Kaylee's second SECOND day of school and guess what? TOTALLY forgot to pick her up. CRAP! Pick up time is from 2:15 - 2:25 and ya know what? At 2:28 I realized that I forgot. No excuses, no reason, just plumb forgot.

I mean there WAS someone at my desk unexpectedly this afternoon and it is only day 2 and I didn't have it in my calendar, but for the love of GOD what kind of a mother FORGETS to pick up their kid on the SECOND DAY OF SCHOOL!

And I'm Catholic now, so the whole guilt thing is REALLY getting to me. I feel terrible, awful, the worst mom ever. But, hopefully a margarita will fix all.

2 comments:

Sassy Texas Redhead said...

HAHA!! Dont beat yourself up too bad...I think we've all done it at least once. Dont you just love that instant panic that sets in with the "OMG I FORGOT MY KID!!!" as you go dashing out the door like a maniac on crack??

Maude said...

YES! That is exactly what happened....I burned rubber out of the parking lot and scared the bejesus out of everyone on the road. It was totally awesome.