Friday, June 12, 2009

What makes it all worthwhile

So I had a bad day yesterday. Big deal. I am alive, employed, and have a beautiful family. Yesterday did go from bad to worse, but at the end of the day, it was all worthwhile.

Kaylee's game wasn't canceled so she played her last game and went to the pizza party afterward. All of the players were presented with a trophy. I sat and watched my sweet little angel baby girl clap and smile while her teammates were called up one by one to get their trophy. She had no idea whether or not she was going to get one, but it was written all over her beautiful face that she was so happy for her teammates.

At that moment, watching Kaylee and seeing what a wonderfully big heart she has, I completely forgot about everything else.

I couldn't have been more proud of my daughter. And, at the end of the day, that's what it's all about anyway.

No comments: